Monday 17 February 2014

My Ethnic Living Room will be missed!


Ever since the decor trend has changed its course, good old things seem to have lost their importance. No doubts, minimalism is the talk of the town, yet often I wonder where does that feel good feeling comes from if there is nothing to see and feel?

As far as my thoughts are concerned, minimalist decor takes me to a level where I find myself detached from the world, from the humanity, from the loved ones and even from the life. Scan your eyes across a minimal home. What do you observe? Impeccable leather furniture lying dead along the wall and a low sunk coffee table trying hard to speak for its existence.And the worse- dull monotonous walls staring blankly at you as if in a moment they would just announce- "Hey there, WELCOME TO HELL"

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I could see the faded colors, becoming more apparent with the passage of every moment, and finally what I saw was my old living room setting. A livid red couch tucked at the back, resting near the huge glass windows which were adorned with tall kaleidoscopic curtains billowing with every gush of the wind. Then there were cushions- indigo, yellow, fuchsia and cyan each embroidered with an array of tiny mirrors.I could see the vase on the coffee table with white and fuchsia flowers and then I was frenzied by the paintings around- The Tanjores- their golden color had kept the room mesmerized and livid. The floor was dressed with a fancy rug which was bought from Morocco last year and the ceiling was adorned with my favorite chandelier with red and yellow bulbs which were exclusively customized on my order. There were planters and vases- plenty of them. Every corner was occupied.Everything was rich, lively and colorful! I could sit there for hours and think of a new DIY to fill up my space with something bold and classy.

    Source: decor4all.com

The thoughts danced for a while and were soon faded and I was forced to open my eyes.Everything was gone. And I felt like a stranger in my own house! 

Well, this was a sad renovation that shouldn't have happened . Only if I knew how much my old living room will be missed! Hence, instead of following the modern crowd, it's better to ask yourself whether you love it. I soon realized my mistake. 

No offence to Minimalist Decor Style. It all depends on taste and temperament.

Here are some decor styles you would like to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment